We live in a society where technology influences almost everything, ranging from our lifestyle to our transportations. One technology is SAP Cloud platform. Such heavy influence of technology is compelling businesses to shift their operations to an ever-changing digitized ecosystem.
However, the enterprises that fail to cope with such changes are unable to put up with the competition and won’t survive in this evolving market for long. Eventually, businesses that fail to embrace technology shall perish.
However, if you’ve been keeping up with the trends and patterns, the chances are that you are finding new ways of getting along with the latest business digitization trends?
Today, businesses have found such a solution via cloud operations. Cloud-based medium of operations and its related services are helping organizations work in a much accelerated and more efficient manner. Using cloud services enables a company to reach high execution speeds, thanks to the automation of critical manual processes.
‘But, with so many cloud-based platforms in the market, how do I select the best?’
The answer is simple, trust the leader of cloud service providers in the market, opt for SAP Cloud Platform.
Why? Let’s find out in the following parts as this piece walks you through the latest features in the updated Cloud Platform.
SAP Cloud-based Solutions and its Highlights:
Cloud solutions are pre-made packages that are preferred by a majority of enterprises that lack the basic IT infrastructure for handling complex technical backend systems. Here’s how the SAP Cloud Solution platform helps them with its different programs:
- SAP Ariba – A cloud-based vendor management system that allows customers and suppliers to contact a single platform. This makes the transaction process more straightforward and affordable.
- The SAP Business ByDesign – This is a pre-built unified platform that takes care of all processes like sales, order procurement, and purchasing by following proper practices and in-depth analytics.
- SAP Concur – This takes care of all transactions, travel expenses, and end-to-end costings to gain a better insight into the financial execution of a company.
- The SAP Data Warehouse Cloud – A pre-made platform that provides access to all enterprise data and is provided as a service to big enterprises.
- SAP S/4 HANA Cloud – A cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that uses the HANA database for connecting cloud-based and on-premise systems to one single platform and analyze the company’s resources. SAP S/4 HANA Cloud shares an equivalent in-memory architecture as its on-premise counterpart, but with an intelligent cloud.
Now that we have an idea of the different tools offered under the SAP Cloud platform let’s look at its cloud integration.
SAP Cloud Integration:
SAP Cloud Integration platform helps in connecting the cloud platforms with the on-premise systems belonging to SAP or other non-SAP applications. Cloud integration also helps connect the different enterprises, departments, or different companies of an organization.
The features that SAP Cloud Integration provides are:
- Prepackaged Content – Using prepackaged services provides businesses with a ready workflow. That helps determine the needed modification to start the integration process.
- Various Communication Mode Implementations – This feature helps in streamlining business processes in both synchronous and asynchronous cases. Further, the communication mode implementations also come in handy for reliable messaging opportunities for asynchronous coupling cases.
- Custom Adapters Development – External connectivity needs can be catered by making customized adapters using SDK adapters.
- Connection to Multiple Endpoints – This helps integrate multiple sources, be it SAP or non-SAP, at once with the help of different available adapters.
- Secure and Reliable Communication – The integration data is protected as per the latest security standards to ensure that the processing of messages is entirely reliable and secure.
- Customized SAP Integration Scenarios – The predefined integration flow can be easily stretched and modified for your specific integration needs without much trouble.
SAP Cloud Platform’s Latest Features:
SAP Cloud Platform is one of the most used cloud platforms for intelligent business solutions. For this reason, it becomes a necessity for the Cloud environment to be securely connected with the on-premise systems. There are approximately 100,000 on-premise systems currently using the Cloud Platform in one form or the other. Therefore, having a reliable connection between the cloud environment and the devices. It was a critical need that is now fulfilled in the latest update of the cloud system. The following are the few significant updates that we can see in the current versions:
- Enabling Better On-Premise Connectivity – To provide better connectivity protocols like HTTP or Remote Function Call (RFC) is essential. Due to this new feature, all the programmer has to do now is call an RFC module from the SAP Cloud environment. Using the ABAP keyword “CALL FUNCTION DESTINATION,” which is pretty straightforward.
- Simplified SAP Web IDE Development and Deployment – The development and deployment of SAP Web IDE was a very tedious process, simplified a lot in the latest SAP Cloud Platform version. Initially, the developers had to create a communication link with the cloud instance. To integrate the OData Protocol into the SAP Fiori user interface. Then an SAP Fiori Launchpad had to create for the authentication process. And for creating an URL that identifies the platform.
As can be seen from this, the initial procedure was complicate. And had many manual steps, which makes room for human error. But in the latest update, these can all be taken care of by the ABAP Cloud Platform environment.
The SAP Cloud Platform forms the integral parts of all intelligent business services that are provided by SAP. Being a Platform as a Service (PaaS) helps carry on significant activities. Like storing data securely, integrating newer features with the existing ecosystem. And making better communication of the cloud with the on-premise systems.
There are a lot of things that can achieve by using the SAP Cloud Platform properly. However, to ensure success with such services, reach out for the SAP consulting services. That lend their expertise in this field to different enterprises. Ensure that you select nothing but the best for your business!